Posted: January 15, 2019
Achieving the rank of black belt is no easy task! In order to achieve your goal you need to be S.M.A.R.T! Here is a formula to help you set yourself up for success.
- Specific- Know exactly what you want to accomplish
- Measurable- Set check points along the way to ensure that you are making progress
- Achievable- A goal should be challenging but not so far out of reach that you set yourself up for failure
- Relevant- Meaningful goals align with your dreams and beliefs.They should relate to the attainment of your overall vision
- Timely- Set a date to achieve your goal. From there you can chunk it down into bite sized pieces.
This week we are focused on the A or Achievable. We have a saying in the martial arts that setting a short range goal that you believe that you can achieve. Then, once you reach it you will be able to see a little bit further. Another saying that you might be familiar with is that inch by inch is a cinch; yard by yard can be very hard. Each of us has enormous potential and most goals are attainable if we simply develop the habit of using the S.M.A.R.T. formula. </span><br /><br /><span>Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page to see more of our weekly student “mat chats” on a regular basis.